26 de novembro de 2007

şiir/karıma mektup, nazım hikmet

nazim hikmet é um dos meus poetas (e escritores num sentido mais lato) preferidos.
para além disso (ou talvez por isso) foi um homem exemplar.
lutos pela sua turquia contra os nazis, os jovens turcos e os beatos islâmicos.
pagou com o corpo.

LETTER TO MY WIFE Bursa Prison (11 de Novembro de 1933)

My only one!
In your last letter
"My head aches
my heart is stunned!"
you say.
"If they hang you,
if I lose you;"
you say;
"I can't live!"
You'll live my dearest wife,
like a black smoke in the wind my memory will vanish;
you'll live, the red-haired sister of my heart
at most one year it lasts
in the twentieth century
the grief of death..
Death
a dead body swinging on a rope.
My heart doesn't accept
such a death..
But
be sure that, my love,
if some pitiable gypsy's
hairy black spider like hand
slips the rope
around my neck,
to see the fear in my blue eyes
they'll look in vain
at Nâzım!

And I,
in the twilight of my last morning,
shall see my friends and you,
and carry only the grief
of an unfinished song
to the soil...
My wife!
Good hearted,
golden coloured,
with eyes sweeter than honey, my bee;
why did I write you
that they want to hang me,
the trial is in the first step
and they don't pluck like a turnip
the head of a man.
Come, forget them all.
These are so far away probabilities.
If you have some money
buy me a flannel underwear,
my sciatica is acting up.
And don't forget that always
there should be good thoughts in the mind
of a prisoner's wife.

traduzido por Fuat Engin

Sem comentários: