29 de julho de 2004

the world according planalto & jb (i said jb not bj...)


One summer evening drunk to hell

I stood there nearly lifeless

An old man in the corner sang

Where the water lilies grow

And on the jukebox Johnny sang

About a thing called love

And it's how are you kid and what's your name

And how would you bloody know?

In blood and death 'neath a screaming sky

I lay down on the ground

And the arms and legs of other men

Were scattered all around

Some cursed, some prayed, some prayed then cursed

Then prayed and bled some more

And the only thing that I could see

Was a pair of brown eyes that was looking at me

But when we got back, labeled parts one to three

There was no pair of brown eyes waiting for me

And a rovin' a rovin' a rovin' I'll go

For a pair of brown eyesI looked at him he looked at me

All I could do was hate him

While Ray and Philomena sang

Of my elusive dreamI saw the streams, the rolling hills

Where his brown eyes were waiting

And I thought about a pair of brown eyes

That waited once for me

So drunk to hell I left the place

Sometimes crawling sometimes walking

A hungry sound came across the breeze

So I gave the walls a talking

And I heard the sounds of long ago

From the old canal

And the birds were whistling in the trees

Where the wind was gently laughing

And a rovin' a rovin' a rovin' I'll go

For a pair of brown eyes

Sem comentários: